Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

35 (almost 36) weeks. still preggo.

Well, we made it through the hard part.  At my appointment this past Monday, my doctor officially released me from bed rest.  She said, "Not to sound rude, but I don't care what you do from here on out."  Most people will think 35 weeks is still too soon to have a baby and I admit, I'd like him to cook a bit longer, but I feel much more comfortable now than I did 2 weeks ago.  The steroid shots have developed his lungs to that of 37 weeks gestation (which is generally considered full term).  I am still taking procardia but I am now on an every 6 hour cycle instead of 4.  On Tuesday I will stop them completely.  My contractions have not completely disappeared and now that I'm actually up moving around a little more they have increased.  The worst is yet to come though.  Apparently when you stop taking this medicine, contractions will hit like a tsunami.  This could last for a couple days.  Now I'm just concerned that I'll be so used to it that I won't know when the real labor actually starts!  My water didn't break on its own with Delia and I can't assume that it will this time.  Then at least I'd have a sure sign.  I sort of feel like a first time mom all over again since this pregnancy has been drastically different from the first.  I barely had any braxton hicks then and when contractions started, they were the real thing. 

Without the help of my family staying with me (my sister Kelsey and my mom) and all the wonderful meals that were brought to us by friends, I would not have been able to follow the bed rest restrictions.  With a 20 month old, it's pretty impossible to sit on a couch all day.  We've had such great help and I'm very, very thankful for that.  Seth and I are so fortunate to have family that's close and friends that care. 

If I could guarantee his health, I'd have this little guy today.  I'm so uncomfortable.  I don't sleep well between taking the pills, going to the bathroom and general pregnancy aches and pains.  I'm really looking forward to the benefit of all these things.  Just a few more weeks, right?

34 week belly.....he dropped causing more reasons to be uncomfortable.





35 weeks belly





No comments:

Post a Comment