Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

36 weeks and hurricane sandy.

It's been an interesting week.  Monday morning I had my weekly doctor appointment and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that there had been no progress.  It's good though because it means the pills were doing their job.  My GBS test results were negative (no IV meds needed during delivery) and my 3 hour glucose tolerance results were all normal draws (I knew it!).  So I'm glad all that nonsense is over.  Tuesday was the day to stop the procardia.  I think my 11:30am pill was the last one I took and I wasn't quite sure what to expect.  They said I would experience a "tsunami of contractions" but I didn't know how soon it would start.  To top it off, Hurricane Sandy rolled in and we lost our power on Monday night.  On Tuesday Seth, Delia and I took ourselves over to my sister's house who still had electricity to spend the day.  We spent Tuesday night at home and while watching a movie on the laptop, I started to experience some contractions.  Nothing a few bottles of water couldn't help though.  On Wednesday, still without power and a house becoming ever colder, Delia and I went back to my sister's (Seth's company opened up again).  Since Wednesday was Halloween, we took Delia trick or treating that night and I decided to join in on the walking in hopes that it would help move things along.  Our power returned Wednesday night but we stayed at my sister's house since we had already planned on it.  I'm so thankful that we could crash with her but I was happy to be able to go home on Thursday.  Unfortunately, we didn't do much to save anything in our refrigerator or freezer so upon my return home, I basically just cleaned out the whole thing.  That was not on my list of nesting tasks but I suppose it needed to be done anyway.  I also did some laundry, general cleaning up and made a trip to the grocery store (with Delia in tow) to restock some essentials.  I overdid it, as I usually do, and I was having constant contractions throughout the day.  As fast as they were coming, they still weren't "real" labor though and after I finally took a break, sat down and guzzled water, they tapered off.  I was able to rest a bit on the couch which turned out to be beneficial because I was so stuffed up overnight that I didn't sleep much. 

I am admittedly miserable.  I'm never comfortable, I can't do anything easily and I'd much rather have this little guy on the outside instead of the inside right now.  I know I'm weeks away from my due date but I really hope he comes early now that I know they won't stop him.  I plan on trying some natural induction methods this weekend.  

Picture update:

36 weeks.


36 weeks, 3 days.  I only added this because it's the one time I've managed to put boots on this pregnancy.  Noteworthy of course. 



No comments:

Post a Comment