Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

if it's not one thing, it's another.

Ah yes.  Pregnancy is beautiful, right?  From the outside looking in, a woman's body changes to accommodate for this wonderful living being that's growing inside of her.  It truly is a miracle.  Her stomach swells, she has that "pregnancy glow" and she looks so peaceful with her eyes closed, hands on her stomach.  Meanwhile, her organs are being smashed around in there, nothing fits her body right anymore, she's glowing because she's sweating so much (is it just me or is it hot in here?) and her eyes are closed because that little baby is kicking her in the ribs and she's trying not to wince.  Yes, pregnancy is wonderful.  Okay, so I'm being completely sarcastic right now.....sort of.  Obviously the outcome to what can be a grueling 9 months for some people is very worth it.  I happened to enjoy most of my first pregnancy (so much that I didn't wait that long to do it again) and I'm very much looking forward to this one.  When the sickness is over.  This part seems to take forever.  Good news is that my combination of vitamins and zofran does appear to work most days.  I'm still getting nauseous here and there (mostly in the early evening) but it's manageable.  The bad part is that the combination of vitamins and zofran is producing an effect that a pregnant woman already suffers from.  It isn't pleasant and I'll leave it at that. 

Here we are at 9 weeks....tonight at 5 pm is my first ultrasound and I'm so excited.  It's nice to see confirmation that there really is something inside and it's not all in my head.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment