Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

morning sickness: the double edged sword.

There's a common rumor that as long as you have symptoms, everything is going well in pregnancy.  That's why m/s is such a double edged sword.  It makes you miserable but if you don't have it, you start to worry a little bit  that something might be wrong.  A common misconception about morning sickness is that it only occurs during the morning.  This is so not true.  And it has not been my friend this pregnancy.  It started earlier than it did with Delia at 5 weeks instead of 7.  Ginger ale, crackers and pretzels can only take you so far.  Thanks to my awesome OB's office, they gave me a prescription for Zofran today as well as some sample prenatals that include extra B-6.  I'm hoping that either one or both of these things will help me because I've been pretty useless these past couple weeks and especially past few days.  I don't even want to get off the couch.  The worst part is that barely anything even sounds good to eat.  I don't remember that from the first time.  I was sick on and off but not all day and I was still eating pretty much everything that I normally did except for hot dogs.  The only similarity so far is that my taste for coffee disappeared.  Maybe (hopefully) it will come back to me after the first trimester.  I do enjoy having my morning cup of coffee for the taste as well as the atmosphere it creates for me.  I don't even mind switching over to decaf coffee if it's better for me (and the Turkey!).  Anyhow, fingers crossed that my days of being really nauseous are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment