Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

what should be 12 weeks.

As it turns out, my OB (whom I love and think is pretty awesome) decided not to change my due date from their original of November 27th.  This means that instead of being 12 weeks today, I'm only 11 weeks, 2 days according to them.  To make things easy, I will just have to stick to their date. :(

On Monday I had an appointment.  They checked all the usual:  blood pressure (good), pulse (good), weight (yikes), and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat.  It was 160.  According to old wives tales, a higher HB usually means girl and lower would mean boy.  160 could really go either way.  Delia's was generally in the 160's.  I think.  I will pay extra attention this time around just to compare.  As of now, we do plan on finding out the sex of this little one but that won't be until late July probably.  Some people have so many ultrasounds which I guess depends on their "risk" during pregnancy as well as their doctor.  My OB does two.  The dating ultrasound which I already had and the 20 week anatomy scan.  I will have to be patient and wait until then.  No feeling this one yet but it's still pretty early for that.  I keep waiting for that little tapping feeling though!

So I decided that I want to do something good for my body while growing little Artie - besides the obvious of trying to eat somewhat healthy.  I'm going to give prenatal yoga a try.  I haven't bought or borrowed any DVD's yet but 3 times this week I did some I found on demand.  Initially, I really enjoy it.  The relaxation and stretching feels so good and I can see how this would be beneficial later on into my pregnancy.  The aches and pains that come along with your insides being all mushed and carrying extra weight out front isn't the most pleasant feeling.  I'm excited to keep going with this and see where it takes me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment