Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

14 weeks (!) and bathing suit woes.

Tuesday I hit 14 weeks, otherwise known as the 2nd trimester.  I'm feeling very happy and thankful about it.  It's just one step closer to a healthy baby.  Lately I've been paying very close attention and I started to feel a little movement.  No definitive kicks yet, but definitely movement. :)

The reference to bathing suit woes however..... we are leaving for vacation in about 2 weeks and my dilemma is what bathing suit do I wear?  I'm not big enough yet for the maternity suit that my sister so graciously lent me (perhaps by the middle of July or August) but I'm obviously pregnant bare belly.  I don't necessarily mind bare belly, but I'm not crazy about pregnant thighs.  Those who have been there, know what I mean.  So, I've been wondering what to do and I think I found my solution.  I own a bathing suit skirt that I always used as a cover up, but will be perfect now for the days I don't want to look at my legs.  I also managed to find a regular non maternity tankini top in a larger size that fits my growing bump for the days I don't want to be bare.  Mix and match with some regular bottoms and tops, I think I will manage.  I know I'm making a much bigger deal out of this than I should but as much as I love being pregnant and my changing body, some days I'm still self conscious. 

14 weeks bump.





And rocking the maternity shorts.





No comments:

Post a Comment